Mamelodi Sundowns FC is currently pushing hard to sign one of the top players who are highly linked with a possible move to Kaizer Chiefs FC.
According to the reports, Mamelodi Sundowns FC will secure the signature of Polokwane City’s talent, Oswin Appolis, who is also wanted in Naturena. However, we can confirm that Sundowns will sign Appolis, according to our inside sources, it’s just a matter of time, to prove that the most wanted player will not join the Naturena side.
Not only our sources that indicate that Appolis will not go to Chiefs. One of the most reliable Kaizer Chiefs FC fans who sometimes breaks stories known by the name of Calvary Best of Chiefs, has also reported that.
“Referees FC (Mamelodi Sundowns FC) are already negotiating with Polokwane City for the services of AppollisMxm these greedy and selfish pigs! I have Confirmed that indeed Referees FC (Mamelodi Sundowns FC) are negotiating with Polokwane City for Apollis. While Kaizer Chiefs have an interest in him but haven’t approached/opened talks yet with Polokwane City. We might see this boy going to the dusty village.” the report end.
Apart from that, after Kaizer Chiefs FC management parting ways with the head coach Molefi Ntseki, Cavin Johnson was appointed as an interim coach for Chiefs. Some fans are saying Chiefs must appoint a new coach, while others are saying he is the right man leading Chiefs to the glory days.
However, the reasons why Kaizer Chiefs FC management might appoint Johnson as a permanent head coach, has been analysed and given. Here is why Chiefs might/should appoint Johnson according to Calvary Best of Chiefs, read below;
1. Man Management skills.
• Johnson came when Chiefs players were a mess! They looked disjointed in spirits & mentally. They didn’t play as team, there was no brotherhood and they always looked frustrated & shouted eachother. But now I can’t say the same, they all look happy under him. They hustle as a team (even though it’s scrappy at times) but the bromance is so lovely to see. Even Cavin himself gets along with the players. I’d love to believe their happy.
2. Chop & Changing is costly
• Let’s be honest, if you can’t see that changing coaches every season is costing us you must be a careless human being. The teams that are performing in the DStv Premiership are teams who kept hope & faith in their coaches even during hard times. Example is Stellenbosch FC, Capetown City & TS Galaxy. At some point we thought TS Galaxy is going to be relegated but the management didn’t fire the coach , kept believing in him instead and gave him time to build his team.
• As a result, Galaxy lost their many Senior players last season but still remained one of the best teams in terms of style of play & results. They lost Msimango, Teto, Nyama, Traore & Bathisi Aubaas but still beat Sundowns, Chiefs & played a cup final because the system remained the same under a same coach. This chopping and changing is expensive! And doesn’t give players enough time to grasp enough information about their coaches system & philosophy.
• Already our players are working with C.Johnson trying to understand his style of play & adapting to his philosophy. We gonna change that again end of the season ? Let the man take the job! Stellenbosch supported their coach because they knew it takes time to build a winning team and today he’s a Champion coach after winning a trophy having spent many seasons at Stellies. Why can’t we do the same ?
3. Results matters
• Whether you like it or not, Cavin Johnson is winning. I hear a lot of ppl saying Johnson is the same as Ntseki as if Ntseki went 4 games unbeaten, let alone winning 3 in a row or having gone 3 matches without conceding a goal I’d say 4 matches with no shame futhi because Sekhukhune scored an offside goal! We didn’t see those many clean sheets under Ntseki.
• Results buys Cavin Johnson time to instill whatever philosophy he wants to instill to his players. Results gives players confidence that they’re winning, which makes them believe in what their coach is teaching them. Imagine without results? It’d be so difficult to buy in the system where there are no wins coming.
4. Building the team/ Style of Play
• It’s shocking seeing ppl demanding good football from a coach who just had only 2 months with the team & didn’t have a pre season. Yes Kaizer Chiefs team is not playing pretty, but you can tell we’re heading to the right direction. The team is being built in phases, I feel that for now what is being enhanced is building from the back. The instruction is get used to it until we become confident then move to following phases.
• You can tell by the way we play too much from the back, we’re getting better at it though. I believe the next phase would be getting the midfield involved as to how do we help the defense to come out from the build up to attack. Also he’s trying to revive the no.10 role with Ngcobo to make it alive as well even though there’s still work to do in the middle so they will compliment each other. But you can tell there’s something being built.
• With the attack, Only wingers are getting it right (Mmodi & Saile for now) Strikers will follow as he mentioned that he wants to improve them instead of getting new ones. (Though the midfield must improve first in order to function the strikers). A good coach solves problems, a good coach improves players and take out the best out of them. If he can do that after this break, for me he deserves the permanent seat coz there are some few players that I think have improved under him.
• A lil bit of history: Cavin Johnson built Platinum stars and they were whooping big teams left, right & centre also playing beautiful football with very skillful players. They went on to finish No.2 on the log, after that he went to join Supersport as he was wanted by big clubs bcs of his lovely work. A guy who was his assistant at Platinum stars went on to win 2 trophies next season as soon as Johnson left. He won those trophies with the very same strong team Cavin had built. But that coach didn’t last, he was fired bcs it wasn’t his work but Cavin Johnson’s foundation that won him trophies… When it was his time to implement what’s his philosophy it declined.
• This man is capable of building a monster team if given time & Support, especially after he identifies his own players to suit his style. A lot of ppl are saying Platinum stars is a small team there was no pressure, But I think he has already survived pressure at Chiefs looking at the disaster he found when he took over and went on to win matches & got us results. He found a losing team and a very not so united team but changed all that under circumstances! Even accusations of racism in the team, he still managed. Isn’t that surviving pressure?
5. Revival of youngsters(Slowly)
• Ntseki told us he was saving the young boys & did not play them, while I think some of our young players are giving the best performances more than our Seniors. E.g Mashiane is a best crosser of the ball in the team and Ngcobo is playing often now. Samkelo Zwane makes the top 2 of the best midfielders in the team, that’s according to me! But we were told they’re being saved. It’s good to see Mshini playing and getting back to his fitness and Mashiane & Zwane getting minutes.. the rest will follow once we’re are sure of everything.
• Johnson always makes it clear that he’s aware the team is not playing well/the way he wants to. Recently he said he’s not happy bcs we didn’t play the way we trained, that means he sees the problem and gonna fix it or gonna change the personnel if it doesn’t come right. But a new coach will require his time again to build and we gonna see trophies after 30 years.
Calvary Best of Chiefs analysis end.
Your thoughts please?